Computer Science 124:
WELCOME TO the on-line lab worksheets for Computer Science 124: Introductory Programming, a course that was taught in Fall term 1996 at Hobart and William Smith Colleges by David Eck. The labs for this course used the CodeWarrior program development system, running on Macintosh computers. (Version 9 was used for the first few labs, with a switch to version 10 midway through the course. ) To learn more about the course, please see the information page.
The labs were based on these worksheets and on material the I posted on a local Appletalk file server. Macintosh programmers who are interested, con download the CS124 labs folder (a 447K hqx file containing a Stuffit archive). However, note that: (1) This stuff is specific to Metrowerks Codewarrior, and (2) I have made no attempts to organize this material. It's just what was on the server at the end of the term. I am providing this only because a few people asked about supporting material for the on-line text. I make no claims about how useful this will be.
- Lab 1: Introduction to Java, CodeWarrior, and the Web
- Lab 2: Programming Fundamentals
- Lab 3: Introduction to Subroutines
- Lab 4: More about Methods
- Lab 5: Introduction to Classes
- Lab 6: Applets, Events, and Components
- Lab 7: Graphics and More Applets
- Lab 8: Arrays
- Lab 9: Sorting, Two-dimensional Arrays, and an Introdution to Files
- Lab 10: Using Files
- Macintosh programmers who use Metrowerks Codewarrior might want to download a CS124 labs folder (a 447K hqx file containing a Stuffit archive). This is material used in the labs, but it has not been organized, and I make no claims as to its usefulness.
- And here is an archive of the lab worksheets themselves, in hqx format, in case you would like to download them.