What to expect on a quiz...
Professor: Erika L.C. King
Office: Lansing 304
Phone: (315) 781-3355
Graph Theory Home Page
Types of questions you might see
Note that this is NOT meant to be an exhaustive list, but should give you a good idea of they types of questions
I typically will ask on short quizzes throughout the semester. The quiz is meant to be 10-15 minutes long and so you should be able to answer most of
- Draw a graph with property A and property B.
- Draw a graph with property A but without property B.
- Define the term "blah".
- State the theorem about "blah" and "blah"; or complete the statement of a theorem.
- Given this graph, find a "thingamajig".
- Given this graph, does it have property C.
- Give an example of a graph with property A and B or explain why no such example exists.
- Provide a short proof of a statement.
Hobart and William Smith Colleges: Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Erika L.C. King