Introduction to Computer Graphics
- January 6, 2018 — Version 1.2 is released. This version fixes a few errors
and updates Chapter 5 to use release 91 of three.js.
- December 15, 2017 — I used this textbook for a course in Fall 2017.
The web site for that course includes some programming labs and application labs from the course. You
can find them at
- January 28, 2016 — Version 1.1 is released. This version adds some additional material,
including a section on WebGL extensions, a short chapter on ray tracing and path tracing, and an
appendix about the 2D graphics programs Gimp and Inkscape. Also, the front page
now has a link to a printed version that is available at lulu.com.
- January 6, 2016 — Version 1.0.1 is released. This version simply corrects some errors,
some typos, and some unclear wording.
- December 20, 2015 — A course was taught from this textbook in Fall 2015.
The web site for that course includes a set of lab programming projects.
- August 25, 2015 — In case someone would like a bound printed copy, I have
made one available at the print-on-demand publisher lulu.com.
For a direct link, click here. Note that I do not make any money
from this book, so you should not feel any obligation to buy it! In any case, the
on-line version is preferred, since it contains interactive content.
- August 1, 2015 — Version 1.0 of the book is released. It is not as complete
as I would like, but has more than enough material for a one-semester course.