Introduction to Computer Graphics
News for Introduction to Computer Graphics
- January 28, 2016 — Version 1.1 is released. This version adds some additional material, including a section on WebGL extensions, a short chapter on ray tracing and path tracing, and an appendix about the 2D graphics programs Gimp and Inkscape. Also, the front page now has a link to a printed version that is available at lulu.com.
- January 6, 2016 — Version 1.0.1 is released. This version simply corrects some errors, some typos, and some unclear wording.
- December 20, 2015 — A course was taught from this textbook in Fall 2015. The web site for that course includes a set of lab programming projects. See http://math.hws.edu/eck/cs424/index_f15.html.
- August 25, 2015 — In case someone would like a bound printed copy, I have made one available at the print-on-demand publisher lulu.com. For a direct link, click here. Note that I do not make any money from this book, so you should not feel any obligation to buy it! In any case, the on-line version is preferred, since it contains interactive content.
- August 1, 2015 — Version 1.0 of the book is released. It is not as complete as I would like, but has more than enough material for a one-semester course.
This is a list of substantive errors that have been found in Version 1.1. These errors have been corrected in the web site version without changing the version number.
- A problem was found in the sample program image-evolver.html, from Section 7.5 that stopped it from working correctly in some browsers. To fix the problem, a call to gl.generateMipMap on line 173 was replaced with setting minification and magnification filters. It's not clear why this was necessary for some browsers. 19 June 2016