(Page 3 of 9)
Math Intern for 2016
Chris is a 2016 graduate of Hobart College, where he was a double major in Mathematics and Physics. He plans to attend graduate school after his year as Math Intern.
Posted 29 August 2016
Distinguished Faculty Award: Ann Oaks
The award was presented by Elaine Bruno WS '91. You can read a PDF of Elaine's presentation speech here.
The Distinguished Faculty Award was established in 1990 by the Hobart Alumni Association and the William Smith Alumnae Association. It recognizes the teaching and scholarly achievements of professors who are retired or have moved on from Hobart and William Smith.
Posted 20 May 2016
Posted 11 May 2016
Student Prizes, 2016
- The Robert Beinert Prize, awarded to a a graduating Senior for excellence in Mathematics, to Aaron Ackbarali H'16.
- The John S. Klein Prize, awarded to a graduating Senior to recognize excellence in Computer Science, to Matthew McPartlon H'16.
- The Catherine Adele Rippey '35 Prize, awarded to a William Smith Senior to recognize excellence in Mathematics, to Susan Tuvell WS'16.
- The Glenn M. Lee Prize, awarded to the Hobart Senior who has been most proficient in mathematics and athletics, to Christopher Wilson H'16.
- The Abigail Mosey Book Prize, awarded to a Hobart or William Smith Senior for generosity in helping others to learn and appreciate mathematical ideas, to Alyssa Newman WS'16.
- The William Ross Proctor Prize, awarded to the William Smith Sophomore who has achieved the highest rank in mathematics in her first two years at the Colleges, to Katherine Campbell WS'18 and Lauren Kogelmann WS'18.
- The Irving Bentsen Prize, awarded to the second year student at Hobart College who has the most outstanding record in mathematics and computer science, to Andrew Scammell H'18 and Jiahao Wei H'18.
For more about student prizes in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, including lists of past recipients, visit our department prizes page.
Posted 8 May 2016